Save Those Socks!
January 28, 2009 · Print This Article
One of the best things you can do to live a more green lifestyle is to get the most possible use out of things before you have to replace them. Socks are no exception. Have you ever thought about how to make your socks last longer? Planet Green has some ideas:
- Wash your socks inside out to get all that stuff that makes them stinky out.
- Wear the right size - too small and your toes will literally poke holes in your socks. Too big and the socks will get funky wear in your shoes.
- Keep them together so you won’t end up with orphans. When you take them off, just fold them together like you would for your drawer and you won’t lose a sock on the way to the laundry.
- Keep your toenails nice, trimmed and not jagged so you won’t snag threads and produce holes in your socks.
- Wash in cold water and air dry your socks.
whether you do have some orphans, there are some interesting things you can do with them. You could wear them, mismatched and just be rare. You could also use them as a cover by your shoes when packing them in a suitcase or storing them, as a dust rag, manufacture a classic sock puppet, or construct them into a rug. Or how about a case for some electronics? Or, prepare your dog really happy with a chew toy.
[Source] Christina Clark